100% pure essential oil obtained by hydrodistillation of plant leaf
About the plant
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is a very well-known and appreciated medicinal plant in our region. Its basic action is of a calming character, so it is mostly recommended as a natural tranquilizer for almost all types of nervous disorders, primarily nervousness, anxiety and depression.
It is not known whether lemon balm was bred by ancient peoples because of its medicinal properties or because of the abundance of nectar it offers to bees. However, they soon discovered the valuable properties of lemon balm. In particular, Arab doctors understood the power hidden in this plant. The first to call it “grass for the heart” (it strengthens it, soothes throbbing, removes anxiety). They also proclaimed it “serenity grass”, suitable for strengthening all vital abilities, effective against “black thoughts”, anxiety, headaches caused by nervous tension and memory loss.
Our old beekeepers know well, so with the help of lemon balm in an archaic, very interesting way they return a swarm of bees that escaped to the tree. And the housemates gather together and with leafy branches of lemon balm they beat each other on the hands to release the smell of lemon balm, throw water and earth and speak singing folk verses:
Come back to us, mother.
Our good mother,
Come back to us, mato…”
About the product
Lemon balm essential oil is obtained by hydrodistillation of our organically grown lemon balm. Careful care at the time of the growing season, the moment of harvesting the plant and distillation leads us to products with a high content of terpenes that give therapeutic quality to our oil. Our goal is to have two lemon balm swaths during one season, and the first swath and distillation timediness to get essential oil, phenotype geranial, and the second to get essential oil of lemon balm, phenotype citral.
Lemon balm essential oil contains 97 different terpenes, among which the most important are:
Geranial – 25.1%
Neral (Citral) – 19.4%
Caryophyllene oxide – 10.6%
- It’s a very relaxing fact
- Anxiolytic and antidepressant
- Successful in getting rid of headaches
- Relieves menopausal symptoms
- Improves concentration and memory
- Helps fight colds
- Regulates the work of the thyroid gland
- Recommended for people suffering from angina pectoris
- It has a strong antimicrobial effect
- Hypoglycemic effect
- Antiviral effects especially in herpes and coxaxie viruses
- Positively affects the state of chronic fatigue
How to use
- Evaporator – 3-5 drops of essential oil pour into a container with water.
- Inhalation with water vapor – 4 drops of oil pour into a container with 1 l of boiling water, cover the head with a towel and inhale for 5-8 minutes
- Dry inhalation – pour 2.3 drops of essential oil on the palm of your hand and then rub your palms, inhale deep fumes (in situations of stress, anxiety attacks, depressive states)
- Direct application of essential oil to the back of your head – rub 1.2 drops of oil on the skin (in case of headaches or chronic fatigue)
- Massage – mix 15 drops of lemon balm oil with 100ml of almond oil, shake well and use for facial massage in the evening. This serum is applied to moist skin and is especially recommended for people with problematic skin, as well as for the prevalence of wrinkleformation.
Lemon balm is an extremely safe and non-toxic plant. Pure essential oil in a larger amount can cause irritation and redness of the skin. It is not recommended for pregnant women.